Getting the practical experience to get the job is an essential component of the curriculum at Culver-Stockton College. That means that before you graduate, you will be required to participate in experiential opportunities. These can include the following:
- Internships are required of all business, finance and accountancy majors. The Culver-Stockton Career Services Center coordinates the internship program, helping students find appropriate internships and successfully participate in internship programs.
» Recently completed internships
- Corporate experience takes students into a variety of companies to see business in action, learn business etiquette, and evaluate their career options.
- Study abroad offers C-SC students a chance to see the global economy at work firsthand.
- Leadership opportunities can be found through campus organizations, student government, Greek life organizations and, especially, the student chapters of the Institute of Management Accountants and Students in Free Enterprise / Phi Beta Lambda (SIFE / PBL).
Special events, sponsored by the Business Division, are offered annually for the campus community and the public.
- C-SC Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) and Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE) members host a High School Business Visit Day.
- C-SC Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE) holds "Duel on the Hill," a competition for high school students. For more information, contact Jeanne Johnson at email@example.com.
- The Business Leadership Exchange invites leading executives to campus to present a lecture on current trends in business. They meet with students to discuss their experiences and share their insights on how to succeed. Recent programs have been conducted by:
- Ron Fory, founder, The Fory Group
- David Axson, president, The Sonax Group
- Ronald W. Leftwich, retired treasurer, Shell Oil Company
- Kenneth "Gus" Williams, consultant and former president, Coldwell Banker Everitt and Williams
- Burt G. Chojnowski, managing partner, BrainBelt Consulting
- C. James Carr, president and CEO, Produce Reporter Company
- Jenkins Davis, director of sales and marketing development, Komatsu America Corporation