Pursue further study in theatre along with another major by taking theatre as a double major.
- Students will complete at least 30 hours of theatre courses, including at least two semesters of Theatre Lab, an Experiential Course and the Capstone Course.
- There is no freshman freeze. Students are able to perform in productions as early as their first semester.
- Audition for and earn scholarship money to study theatre at Culver-Stockton.
- Get involved in five annual mainstage productions, at least one being a musical, and more than six student-directed one-act plays each year.
- Travel with the department to the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival (KCACTF) every year or travel with the many experiential courses that are offered.
- Direct one-act plays and work in "The Space," a completely student-produced theatre.
- Design mainstage productions in all areas and Dramaturg or stage manage productions.
- Work with a professional actor in the annual Guest Artist production and take Master Classes taught by professionals.
- Work-study in scene, costume, lighting and sound shops and intern at summer theatres.
- Fine Art facilities include Alexander Campbell Auditorium, Mabee Art Gallery, Mabee Little Theatre, Merillat Recital Hall, an Art studio, Multi-Media Recording Studio and Photography Studio.
Other Fine Art Opportunities
Haidee Heaton, Associate Professor of Theatre
Ph: (573) 288-6434
CLICK HERE to download this major's Fact Sheet for more information.
For a full list of Fine Arts Faculty, Click Here.