Gain an understanding for other cultures and learn a country’s or area’s history first-hand by choosing from dozens of domestic or international courses for a full semester, summer experience or as part of the 3-week study. The 3-week is part of the 12/3 semester calendar, where students take 3-4 classes in a traditional format during the 12-week term, which leaves students open to focus on just one class, internship or Travel Study during the 3-week term.
Financial Aid Awards
Travel Study Grant Program
Travel Study Scholarship
Applications are sought in the spring and fall for the following semester's international travel study courses. The amount of the scholarships is based on financial need, GPA and the answers to five questions relating to how the student will benefit from the experience.
Deadlines for applications are announced each semester. To apply for award dollars go to MyCulver (username and password needed). New students should contact the Travel Study Director for information on how to apply.
ITALY - Music & History
BELIZE & GUATEMALA - Biology & History
BELGIUM & FRANCE - Twentieth Century European History and Political Science
GHANA - Disease Control & Psychology of Food
DUBLIN & AMSTERDAM - Sports Management
CUBA - Business & Culture
THE CAPITALS OF EUROPE - Fine Arts
JAPAN - Culture & Philosophy
- Travel courses are offered in nearly every discipline.
- Often two Divisions pair up and travel together for a multi-disciplinary take on a destination, such as the government and music course in Cuba.
- Students are eligible for Travel Study scholarships, in addition to the $1,500 in C-SC Experiential Vouchers they automatically receive by attending Culver-Stockton.
- The 3-week Travel Study courses are offered for three hours of academic credit.
- Courses combine extensive preparation on campus and thoughtful debriefing upon return.
Patrick Hotle, Coordinator of Travel Study Programs
Ph: (573) 288-6394
CLICK HERE to download the Travel Study Handbook.