Welcome to C-SC Theatre!
Our philosophy is simple: C-SC Theatre is YOUR theatre. Our faculty members help guide you in rigorous academic studies and production work but ultimately, what we do in Culver-Stockton College Theatre is all about YOU and the opportunities you choose to take advantage of while studying with us.
Here are just some of the wonderful opportunities you will have at C-SC:
- Be involved your first day on campus! We pride ourselves on involving new freshmen and transfer students from day one!
- Earn a BFA Theatre, BFA Musical Theatre, BA Theatre, BSE Speech/Theatre Education, or minor in Theatre and Musical Theatre. All of our degrees allow for exploration in all areas of theatre so that you can tailor your degree to your own talents!
- Audition for and earn scholarship money to study with us.
- Take advantage of courses in performance, design, directing, dance, playwrighting, history, and theory.
- Get involved in our five mainstage productions (at least one being a musical) and at least six student-directed one act plays each year.
- Travel with the department to the American College Theatre Festival every year or travel with the many experiential courses we offer.
- Direct one act plays.
- Work in "The Space," a totally student-produced theatre space where you can produce anything that your imagination invokes.
- Design mainstage productions in all areas.
- Dramaturg or stage manage productions.
- Work with a professional, working TV, film, or stage actor who performs in our annual Guest Artist production with students. Our guest artist also offers master classes for everyone.
- Work-study in our scene, costume, lighting, and sound shops.
- Intern at summer theatres, the Kennedy Center, Walt Disney World; the possibilities are endless!
While you are here, check out our production photos and current production/arts calendar. We have an amazing amount to offer, all you have to do is take the opportunities!
Visit us any time: sit in on our courses, talk with students and faculty, audition for scholarships, and see a production. We look forward to working with you soon!
Haidee Heaton, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Theatre
Head, Department of Theatre