HOME > Carl Johann Memorial Library > Online Resources > OCLC FirstSearch
The new OCLC FirstSearch service is an online reference service that is a complete integration of the OCLC FirstSearch and OCLC FirstSearch Electronic Collections Online services.
The new FirstSearch continues to be a Web-based online reference service providing access to over 80 databases and more than 6 million full-text articles in a variety of subject areas. In addition, FirstSearch will provide access to over 2,500 electronic journal titles from the Electronic Collections Online service.
- The new FirstSearch puts libraries online... by bringing local library or group holdings to the forefront of search results lists.
- The new FirstSearch makes libraries more relevant to their users... because users will be more aware of what is already available in their own library before turning to other sources.
- The new FirstSearch integrates physical and electronic library holdings... by merging those holdings with other databases on the service.
- The new FirstSearch helps libraries deliver the full text users want
by providing fast, easy access to full-text articles from familiar databases as well as electronic journals.
- The new FirstSearch puts librarians in control... with greatly enhanced administrative options, including title-level full-text access and many new database-level and feature choices.