The major in accountancy prepares students for challenging careers in a field that is constantly evolving. Graduates may choose to pursue careers in management, public accounting, or decide to enter graduate school. The accountancy curriculum is designed to provide students with the necessary requirements to sit for the Certified Management Accountant (CMA) examination. The curriculum also fulfills the requirements to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) examination as defined by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) for students completing the requisite 150 hours.
- Many students double major in accountancy and finance.
- Minors commonly combined with an accountancy or finance major include psychology, criminal justice and sport management.
- Obtain a CMA certification or complete 150 credit hours through either the undergraduate program or the MBA program to take the CPA.
- All students complete an internship, arranged with guidance from their advisors and the Career Services Center.
- Courses are offered in an 8-week, accelerated format.
Brandon Crisp '07
Assistant Director of Admission and Online & Graduate Admission Coordinator
Phone: (573) 288-6456