Fraternity & Sorority Life
Culver-Stockton hosts six national fraternities and four national sororities, with approximately 40 percent of students taking part in the Greek community. Fraternity and sorority members live in separate housing units and meet weekly to participate in the management and activities of the chapters.
Joining a fraternity/sorority: Recruitment is restricted to full-time students who are admitted in good standing and/or maintain a 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- Participation in a Greek organization promotes fellowship and positive relationships.
- Provides leadership development and facilitate social interaction.
- Alumni play an active role in assisting members to promote an environment alive with academic, philanthropic and social events.
- Living in a Greek house gives members a unique opportunity to build close relationships and lifelong friendships.
- Many scholarship and community service opportunities.
Greek leadership honor society: Order of Omega
A social fraternity founded in 1967 as Beta Gamma Phi. It was affiliated in 1971 with the Alpha Tau Omega National Fraternity. The men of Alpha Tau Omega live in Helsabeck Hall. Purpose: To provide a brotherhood that offers academic, moral, and special support to its members; to be committed to campus and community service.
This international, non-secret, social fraternity was founded in 1834. The Culver-Stockton Chapter gained college and IFC recognition in 1986, and was officially installed as a chapter on this campus in 1988. The men of Delta Upsilon live in Zenge Hall. Purpose: To promote friendship and development of character, diffusion of liberal culture and advancement of justice.
This fraternity, founded in 1867 as the Hawkins Literary Institute, affiliated in 1939 with the Lambda Chi Alpha National Social Fraternity as the Kappa Mu Chapter. The men of Lambda Chi Alpha live in Gerlach Hall. Purpose: To develop the higher qualities of the mind, to nurture respect for learning and to encourage and reward significant achievement in the field of scholarship, while promoting brotherhood above all.
This fraternity was founded on the C-SC campus as the Mathetropian Literary Society in October 1868. In 1926, they changed their name to Mu Theta Nu- Alpha and Omega Chapter. In 1959, they became the Zeta Pi chapter of Tau Kappa Epsilon. The men of Tau Kappa Epsilon currently reside on the first floor of Ziegler Hall. Organizational objective: The promotion and development of the following basic principles: love, charity and esteem.
National Pan-Hellinic Council
Alpha Phi Alpha was founded on December 4, 1906, at Cornell University and was charted on C-SC in 2014. Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc is a social organization with a service organization mission and provided leadership and service during the Great Depression, World Wars and Civil Rights Movement. National programs and initiatives of the fraternity include A Voteless People Is a Hopeless People, My Brother's Keeper, Go To High School, Go To College, Project Alpha and the World Policy Council. It also conducts philanthropic programming initiatives with the March of Dimes, Head Start, the Boy Scouts of America and Big Brothers Big Sisters of America.
Culver-Stockton will be adding Delta Sigma Theta to campus in 2020-21.
Kappa Alpha Psi was founded on January 5, 1911 on the campus of Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana. The Eta Kappa Chapter at Culver-Stockton College was chartered on May 5, 1974. Kappa Alpha Psi is one of the nine historically African American fraternities and sororities, which makes up the National Pan-Hellenic Council. The fraternity's fundamental purpose is Honorable Achievement in Every Field of Human Endeavour. Fashioning achievement as it's purpose, Kappa Alpha Psi began uniting college men of culture, patriotism and honor in a bond of fraternity.
Mu Gamma Chapter of this national social fraternity for women was installed May 14, 1927. The local society was founded in 1867 as Zetolophian Literary Society, later Zeta Lambda Sigma. The women of Chi Omega live in Cason Hall. Purpose: A social sorority that offers the bonds of sisterhood as it stresses purposes and values to encourage growth throughout the years.
Beta Mu Chapter of this national social fraternity for women was installed April 19, 1947. The local chapter was named Omega Delta, founded in 1927. The women of Sigma Kappa live in Clough Hall. Purpose: To offer friendship and sisterhood; to promote high standards of achievement scholastically, socially, and spiritually; to support the college and community; and to develop the character of its members.
The Eta Sigma Chapter of this national sorority was installed on January 29, 2005. The local chapter was named Phi Kappa Chi after the original women who inhabited Turley Hall, where the Tri Sigmas reside. Purpose: to establish a perpetual bond of friendship, to develop strong womanly character, and to inspire high standards of ethical conduct.