‘The Blind’ available in virtual format Oct. 23-31
The Culver-Stockton College Department of Theatre will present its next mainstage production, “The Blind,” in a virtual format beginning at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 23 and available through midnight on Saturday, Oct. 31.
CANTON, Mo. — The Culver-Stockton College Department of Theatre will present its next mainstage production, “The Blind,” in a virtual format beginning at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 23 and available through midnight on Saturday, Oct. 31. Links to the production will be posted on the Culver-Stockton College Facebook page and the Culver-Stockton College Theatre Department Facebook page.
“The Blind,” written by Maurice Maeterlinck and translated by Suzanne Burgoyne, is a one-act tale of hope and despair as eight sightless people sit in wait for their caretaker’s arrival while elements of the outside world present obstacles at every turn. “The Blind” was written in 1890 but remains all-too familiar today as society attempts to navigate an ever-changing, ever-challenging world.
The C-SC Theatre Department is presenting this production in an experimental virtual format, reversing the norm of the theatre-going experience by only relying on actors’ voices while allowing design elements to visually stand front and center. “The Blind” is directed by Dr. Haidee Heaton, professor of theatre, and designed by Seth Campbell, assistant professor of theatre. Michael York serves as assistant technical director.
The cast consists of:
- Talia Schneider, a sophomore musical theatre major from Altamont, Ill.;
- Kaitlyn Conaway, a senior English education major from Steelville, Mo.;
- Krista Barth, a senior English education major from Bloomington, Ill.;
- Remington Jarvis, a senior theatre major from Canton, Mo.;
- Kar'Mel Brewer, a senior music education major from St. Louis;
- Noah Klauser, a freshman English education major from Quincy;
- Alex Siron, a senior music education major from Paris, Mo.;
- Jace Murphy, a freshman theatre major from Austin, Texas;
- Timothy Pence, a freshman music education major from Lincoln, Ill.;
- Courtney Deeds, a senior theatre major from Springfield, Mo.;
- Cassie Williams, a freshman musical theatre major from Thomas, Okla.;
- Lindsey Miller, a senior English major from Camdenton, Mo.;
- Arysta Snyder, a freshman business administration major from Rutledge, Mo.;
- Anna Gabel, a sophomore art education major from Quincy, Ill.;
- Emma Hackett, a sophomore theatre major from Buffalo, Mo.
Kristen Lippold, a senior English education major from Carlinville, Ill., will be the stage manager for the production.
Students can receive ACE credit for watching this performance.
For more details or information on the links to the production, contact the fine arts office at 573-288-6436 or email@example.com.
Contact David Adam, Media Content Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-288-6000, ext. 6312 for more information.