Pillars Full-Tuition Scholarship
The Pillars for Excellence program provides full tuition scholarships (awarded annually at the freshman value) to highly qualified admitted students with exceptional intellectual ability.
Recipients of the scholarship are expected to demonstrate both the qualities of mind and the qualities of person that will allow a student to flourish in C-SC’s rigorous but community-orientated academic environment and in the challenging world beyond college.
To be eligible, students must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Apply and be admitted to Culver-Stockton as a first-time freshman
- Meet the following minimum requirements:
- 3.75 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale and
- 26 ACT/1230 SAT or
- Complete the C-SC Leadership form on MyCulver.com
- All C-SC Leadership forms will be reviewed by members of the C-SC Honors Board, who will determine eligibility for the competition
- Tour campus between September 28 and December 4 with a Wildcat Ambassador
- Attend a session with our Pillars Scholar committee
- Submit an essay on a multi-faceted current event, assigned by the Pillars Scholar committee prior to the conclusion of the competition
Pillars Scholar Advantages:
- Each competitor in the Pillars for Excellence Scholarship Competition is a Pillars Scholar. Pillars Scholars receive special recognition by the President, including a medallion presentation
- C-SC students may accrue up to $1,500 in travel study grants during their four years to use toward payment of any special fees associated with domestic or international travel courses. As an added benefit, Pillars Scholars receive an additional $500 of travel study grant upon initial enrollment at C-SC. Therefore, Pillars scholars are eligible for up to $2,000 in travel study grants.
- Both social and academic in nature, these gatherings allow Pillars Scholars to build a community, forge friendships, and participate together in campus events. At such gatherings, the Pillars Scholars attend our exclusive C-SC LEADS Seminar, learn about post-graduate fellowship opportunities, and, during purely social occasions, play games or enjoy a meal together.
- Outstanding competitors who are not awarded the Pillars for Excellence Scholarship may be eligible for up to an additional $1,000 in scholarship aid.
Honors Program Highlights:
- A rewarding and challenging leadership course designed to help Honors students learn more about themselves and how to lead a team.
- A service course that gives Honors students the opportunity to design and implement a service project to help resolve a real-world problem.
- Each Honors student has the opportunity to conduct a research project of his or her choice and receive one-on-one faculty mentorship to complete the project.
- Opportunities to attend leadership seminars and conferences.
- Special recognition at Culver-Stockton College’s commencement ceremony.
*Pillars Scholars (all Pillars competitors) will be enrolled automatically in the C-SC Honors Program. Students with an early confirmation (i.e., paid the $200 confirmation fee) will receive priority placement in the course.
**The Pillars for Excellence Scholarship recipients are ineligible for additional institutional scholarships or awards throughout their career at Culver-Stockton. Pillars for Excellence Scholarships can be renewed annually at the value of the student's freshman year if the student maintains a 3.2 cumulative GPA and continuous enrollment in the Honors Program at Culver-Stockton.
For questions or to sign up, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-537-1883.