Students use this application to apply for federal student grants, work-study money, and loans to assist them in funding their college education. They may also use this application to apply for most state and some private financial aid. It is free to file the FAFSA. Students can now file after October 1, using previous year's tax information.

To be eligible for federal aid, a student must be a U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen, registered with Selective Service (if required), be a degree-seeking student enrolled at least part-time (6 credit hours or more for an undergraduate student, 3 credit hours or more for a graduate student), and not be in default on a federal student loan.

In order to complete the FAFSA, you and your parents will need your previous year federal tax records.

You will need to refer to the following:

  • Social Security number for both student and parent (if dependent)
  • Driver's license (if any)
  • W-2 Forms and other records of money earned
  • Untaxed income records - Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, welfare, or veterans benefits records
  • A current bank statement
  • Current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond, and other investment records
  • Your alien registration card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)

If you are not filing a tax return, choose 'will not file' for tax filing status.

If you and your parents live on the farm and your parents claimed on Schedule F of the U.S. tax return that they "materially participated in the farm's operation," the farm does not have to be listed under assets.

You must enter your Social Security number on the FAFSA form. If you don't submit your social security number, the form will be returned unprocessed and you will not be considered for federal student aid. Additionally, at least one parent social security number along with name and date of birth must also be supplied if you are a dependent student.

The parent you lived with most during the last 12 months. If you didn't live with either parent, or if you lived with each parent an equal number of days, use the parent who provided most of the support to you in the most recent calendar year. If your biological parents are unmarried and live together, you must report income for both parents.

If the biological parent whose information you are reporting on the need analysis form has married or remarried, you must include information about your step-parent (even if they were not married in the previous year).

No. A 'parent' is defined as a biological or adoptive parent. A student should report the parental information of the parent who has provided the most parents support, or the parent who provided the most support the last time support was given.

Verification is when the Department of Education wants to make sure the tax and household information filed on the FAFSA is correct. The student must send their tax information to the schools where they applied for financial aid.

Under the Federal US Department of Education definition, an independent student is one who meets at least one of the following conditions:

  • Is 24 years old
  • Is a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces
  • Is an orphan (parents deceased) or ward of the court (or was a ward of the court until age 18)
  • Has legal dependents other than a spouse
  • Is married
  • Is a graduate, a professional student or has already earned a bachelor's degree
  • Has been in foster care at any time since age 13
  • Emancipated minor in state of legal residence
  • In legal guardianship in state of legal residence
  • Unaccompanied or homeless youth

No. The Internal Revenue Service and the U.S. Department of Education rules for determining dependency are different. Even if a student claims themselves on their taxes as an exemption and their parents do not, that has no bearing on a student's FAFSA status.



Contact the Admissions department at 800-537-1883 to get in contact with an admissions counselor. You must be accepted to the college to receive an official offer from the college.

Check your account in MyCulver, or call financial aid at 573-288-6307.

No. However, to be considered for need-based federal, state or institutional grants, you must file the FAFSA.

To maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress, a student must be completing an acceptable percentage of attempted coursework within a reasonable amount of time. In addition, you must maintain an adequate grade point average. Culver-Stockton College checks SAP at the conclusion of each semester; you will be notified if you are not making satisfactory academic progress. Please call our office at 573-288-6307 if you have specific questions regarding SAP.

Check your account in MyCulver for account balances. Contact Student Accounts at studentbilling@culver.edu or call 573-288-6492.

Culver-Stockton College accepts cash, checks, MasterCard, Visa, or Discover. Other payment options are available.

No. Failure to receive a bill does not relieve you of your obligation to pay the college.

You must have completed all financial aid processes prior to receiving a refund. There must be a credit balance on your account to receive a refund check. When all funds on your financial aid account have been received and verified by the college, you will be eligible for a refund check. You must go to the Student Accounts office to complete a refund request form. Refund checks will be processed in the student's name when a student's account has a Parent PLUS loan unless the student indicates on the Refund Request that is to go to the parent. Contact Student Accounts at studentbilling@culver.edu or call 573-288-6492 with questions regarding refund checks.

If you have a credit on your account, you may receive a book voucher up to four weeks before the start of a term.